Led by: Deb Burma
Author, Speaker, Women’s Ministry Leader
Are your feet running in all directions, aching to be put up, or longing to walk alongside others? No matter where you are in your faith walk, the Lord has equipped you with uniquely beautiful feet! (Yes, your feet are beautiful!)
Join us and DEB BURMA, as we lift the lid off several shoe boxes to examine various styles of shoes and learn how each represents a portion of our walk with the Lord! What is your “shoe size”? What makes truly beautiful feet? And what has the Lord called these beautiful feet to do?
Whether you shuffle, walk, boogie, or run, bring your beautiful feet to this Women’s Retreat hosted by
Our Savior Lutheran Church, Laurel, Maryland
Saturday, April 9, 2016
8:30 Am – 4:30 PM
13611 Laurel-Bowie Road
Laurel, Maryland 20708
Prepare to be swept off your feet as we take a walk in the Word together, enjoy fabulous food and tasty treats, tap our toes and kick up our heels, sharing encouragement, fellowship and fun in Christ!
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.
Register now for this knock-your-socks-off exciting event! You have several options:
• Drop off a completed registration form and $20.00 at Our Savior Lutheran Church
• Visit www.oslclaurel.org. You can print the form and mail it with your registration fee.
• Mail your completed registration form and fee to Janice Comolli; c/0 Our Savior Lutheran Women, Our Savior Lutheran Church, 13611 Laurel-Bowie Road, Laurel MD 20708
Make your $20.00 registration check payable to Our Savior Lutheran Church ATTN: Women’s Retreat. Registration fee includes lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christine Maconachy email@example.com or 410-969-4466
8:30-9:00 Sign In…..Coffee, Tea and Breakfast Treats
9:30-10:30 Bible study with DEB BURMA
10:45-11:30 Break Out Session. (You will attend only one session.)
- Beautiful Feet Walking in Prayer (Brenda Petito, Prayer Warrior) – Intentional , focused intercessory prayer for your daily walk.
- Raising Godly Girls (Deb Burma) – A personal and affirming discussion based on Deb’s latest book about how Christian mothers can prepare their daughters for confident living in today’s culture.
- Bible Journaling (Joen Schultz, Creative Faith Coach) – Explore a form of Bible note-taking that looks more like Bible art, responding to scripture in the margins in creative and artistic ways.
- Footprints Craft (Michelle DeMik) – Decorate flip flops to take home for your walk or to donate to Orphan Grain Train.
- Gentle YOGA for mission FEET! (Kathy Fleischman, Certified Body Balance Yoga Therapy Teacher) Practice exercises designed for your feet.
- Creating Spaces for Presence (Tina Jaison, Life & Leadership Coach) – Learn how to welcome neighbors and create space for a ministry of presence, being prepared to share the hope we have, through taking a posture of listening first.
12:15 Dancing is the poetry of the foot or How to Put One Foot in Front of the Other
12:30 Bible study with DEB BURMA
1:45 Break Out Session (You will attend only one session.)
- Bible Journaling
- Footprints Craft
- Gentle Yoga for Mission Feet
- 1,000 Gifts (Deaconess Liz DeMik) – Dare to fully live right where you are.
- Creating Spaces for Presence
2:50 Sometimes you have to put your foot down to get a leg up.
3:00-4:00 Bible study with DEB BURMA
4:00-4:30 Reflection, Praise and Prayer
BRING A GIFT FROM THE HEART – flip flops or crocs, any size, for Orphan Grain Train