VISION STATEMENT: To give the littlest saints the knowledge of God and His word so that they will be able to fulfill the Great Commission.
MISSION STATEMENT: Learning and Serving.
SUNDAY MORNING MINISTRIES
During our COVID-19 Stay-at-home time, we are offering a Kids’ Sunday School via zoom at 11:00am. If you need a zoom invitation, please contact the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Morning Children’s Educational Program: Enduring Faith
As students progress through the program, they learn all about their Savior, Jesus Christ, what their Savior means for them, how to defend their faith, and how to teach the faith to others. Lessons spiral to help students go deeper each time they reencounter a Bible passage. Age-appropriate activities build skills to strengthen Bible learning.
Sunday Special Events
- Kickoff occurs the Sunday after Labor Day at 9:30am and 11:00am
- Annual Year-End Celebration occurs on the last week of the regular school year
- Through their Sunday offerings along with those of the adults, the children take the lead in a service project. The donations collected are given to an organization that provides for the basic needs of people they serve. A new service project is selected each year and runs from August through June.
WEDNESDAY EVENING MINISTRIES
Children’s Bible Study
- A small group for 3rd-5th graders, who pray together and learn how to apply the Bible to daily life, meets Wednesdays in the library from 5:00- 5:30p.m.
- Cherub Choir is for children from Kindergarten through second grade. They meet at 5:00 on Wednesday afternoon from September until May.
- Children’s Choir for children from third grade through sixth grade also meets on Wednesday afternoons at 6:00 from September until May. Our focus is on growing in our relationship with God, learning songs and musical skills, and preparing to lead worship.
- Provides sixth graders with a survey of the Bible during their first year of Confirmation. This class meets Wednesday evenings from 6:50pm to 7:45pm.
First Communion Class
- Prepares fifth graders to receive the sacrament of Holy Communion. This class meets in early spring on Sunday mornings.
- In fulfillment of the promise we made at Baptism to place Scripture in the hands of the children, In September, Children’s bibles are given to our three year olds, and Adventure Bibles are given to our third graders. 6th graders are granted an ESV Following Jesus Bible as they begin the Confirmation program.
Children’s Advent/Christmas program:
- Worship for the whole congregation, with music and drama, led by children, the second Sunday in December
Children’s Choir Festival:
- On March 15, 2020 the children’s choir will spend a day rehearsing with other children’s choirs in the area, and prepare an evening worship service/concert. The congregation is invited to come to the final service at 6:30 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of St. Andrew in Silver Spring.
Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt:
- Occurs on the Saturday before Easter Sunday.
Vacation Bible School:
is held for one week during the summer from 9am to Noon. This year (2020) the dates are July 27-31.
How you can serve our children?
Children’s teachers are always appreciated – you can volunteer either as a full time teacher, short term or full time aide, or substitute teacher. We also love opening helpers, greeters, and behind the scenes volunteers. See the Sunday school table to volunteer!
MUSICAL AND NON-MUSICAL:
Assistants needed for choirs year-round and for the children’s Advent/Christmas drama/musical.
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATORS:
Help organize and promote special educational experiences for the students outside the classroom.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL:
We needs teachers, assistants, actors, music leaders, technical assistance and nursery volunteers as well as volunteers for other activities for one week during the summer.