ALL CURRENTLY SCHEDULED EVENTS FOR THE YEAR CAN BE SEEN HERE.
- Sunday school in the annex at 9:45
- 1st year confirmation class on Wednesday evening at 6:45: September-May
- 2nd and 3rd year confirmation class on Wednesday evening at 6:15: September -May
- Upcoming event: Pool party after church – August 11th
- Sunday school in the youth room at 9:45, studying “You Ask About Life” as well as the videos: “Does God Exist?”
- Discussion group on Wednesday evenings in the youth room at 6:15.
- Upcoming spring event: Pool party after church: August 11th.
Every year the youth group goes on a couple of great retreats:
- Assateague Island Camping: grades 6-12, Sept. 6-8, 2019
- High School Retreat: grades 9-12, November 1-3, 2019
- Baltimore: grades 6-9, January 10-12, 2020
- Breakaway: grades 9-12, March 6-8, 2020
- Bethany Beach: confirmation class, May 1-3, 2020
- National Youth Gathering: grades 9-12, July 11-16, 2019 (next one in 2022!)
Permission slip – a permission slip that can be printed out to give permission for your young person to participate in activities and/or events related to our church youth group.
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
Within the body:
- Youth choir
- Acolyting, Ushering, Worship assistant
- Vacation Bible School: July 29-August 3
- Nursery assistant
- Church work days
- Altar care
With the body:
- DC Servant event
- Christmas shopping for the Salvation Army: December 4, 2019
- 30 Hour Famine: February 14-15, 2020
- The Samaritan Women
- Summer servant events
- Garrett County, Maryland
- Circle of Life Church in Montana
Permission slip – a permission slip that can be printed out to give permission for your teen to participate in activities and/or events related to our church youth group.
Youth Groupies (Parents)
How You Can Help!
The youth ministry at Our Savior has always been heavily supported by volunteers and parents. This ministry team is called the “Youth Groupies.” We meet a couple of Monday evenings at the Bowlds’ home during the year. Please contact Natasha Bowlds for more information.