ALL CURRENTLY SCHEDULED EVENTS FOR THE YEAR CAN BE SEEN HERE.
- Sunday school in the youth room at 9:45 – studying apologetics.
- 1st year confirmation class on Wednesday evening at 6:45: September-May
- 2nd and 3rd year confirmation class on Wednesday evening at 6:15: September -May
- Upcoming event:
- Sunday school in the youth room at 9:45, studying Apologetics – What do we believe and how do we defend it?
- Discussion group on Wednesday evenings in the youth room at 6:15.
- Upcoming event: 30-Hour Famine: February 15-16, 2020 Register HERE
Every year the youth group goes on a couple of great retreats:
- Assateague Island Camping: grades 6-12, Sept. 11-13, 2020
- High School Retreat: grades 9-12, November 2020
- Baltimore QUAKE: grades 6-9, January 10-12, 2020
- Breakaway: grades 9-12, March 6-8, 2020
- Bethany Beach: confirmation class, May 1-3, 2020
- National Youth Gathering: grades 9-12, July 2022!
Permission slip – a permission slip that can be printed out to give permission for your young person to participate in activities and/or events related to our church youth group.
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
Within the body:
- Youth choir
- Acolyting, Ushering, Worship assistant
- Vacation Bible School: July 27-31, 2020
- Nursery assistant
- Church work days (Next one is November 9)
- Altar care
With the body:
- DC Servant event
- Christmas shopping for the Salvation Army
- 30 Hour Famine: February 15-16, 2020 (SIGN UP)
- The Samaritan Women
- Summer servant events
- Garrett County, Maryland
- Circle of Life Church in Montana
- The Orphan Grain Train
Permission slip – a permission slip that can be printed out to give permission for your teen to participate in activities and/or events related to our church youth group.
Youth Groupies (Parents)
How You Can Help!
The youth ministry at Our Savior has always been heavily supported by volunteers and parents. This ministry team is called the “Youth Groupies.” We meet a couple of Monday evenings at the Bowlds’ home during the year. Please contact Natasha Bowlds for more information.