Need for Position:
The Facilities and Grounds Manager will ensure that the facilities and grounds on the campus of Our Savior Lutheran Church will be maintained, modified and expanded, leading the congregation in stewardship of God’s earthly and spiritual treasures, in keeping with the mission of Our Savior Lutheran Church.
Type of Position:
Part-time, non-exempt. 20-25 hours per week. Pay rate to be set in consultation in accordance with level of experience.
Desired Outcomes of the Position:
The facilities of Our Savior are maintained and improved in a manner that conveys a gracious welcome to people (members and guests) who come onto our campus.
Accountability and Organizational Structure:
The Facilities and Grounds Manager reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of physical plant and property for
good stewardship of facilities. Work with Custodian. And provide supervision
to the Janitorial staff.
- Maintain inventory of church property and equipment.
- Responsible for recommendations to congregation for development of longterm facilities improvement plan.
- Develop and work closely with Building and Grounds Team for facility and
grounds upkeep and improvement and planning and organization of Work
- Develop and manage maintenance schedule.
- Seek bids and make recommendations to Senior Pastor and Governance
Board (when necessary) for office/building equipment and repairs.
- Coordinate maintenance needs/actions through congregational volunteers
and outside contractors.
- Maintain contracts with contractors in the area of HVAC, lawn care, snow
removal, fire suppression systems, grease pumping, and general janitorial
services, among other necessary contractors.
- Purchase supplies pertinent to the maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Sign maintenance agreements and contracts.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the electronic church sign.
- Coordinate the use of church equipment.
- Develop, supervise and maintain security system to include maintaining list of
individuals with keys and security codes, maintaining and overseeing
distribution of keys.
Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor that relieve him of routine
operational or administrative matters.
This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor.
Send cover letters and resumés attn: Pastor Peter DeMik, email@example.com
For more information, please contact the church office at 301-776-7670