Welcome To New Hope Lutheran Church!
A MINISTRY OF OUR SAVIOR LUTHERAN CHURCH, LAUREL MD
NEW HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH SERVICES (African Immigrant Ministry)
1:00 p.m. – Worship Service
7:00 p.m. – Bible Study (In the Multi-Purpose room in the Open Arms building).
NEW HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH MISSION
The mission of New Hope Lutheran Church is to:
- Promote wholistic evangelism “reaching both body and soul” among the African immigrants of Laurel and beyond, aimed at bringing them to faith in Christ Jesus.
- Provide a caring, spirit-filled worshiping community that is spiritually sound and culturally relevant to African nationals.
- Prepare and equip each one in Christ through a biblical education and training so that they are passionate to serve the Church, community and the wider world.
NEW HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH VISION
The vision of New Hope Lutheran Church is to glorify God by:
- Developing a local Church, primarily of African nationals, that will meet regularly to worship God and enjoy life in Him.
- Celebrating the love of Christ and responding to the needs of its members.
- Experiencing growth and His favor of blessing for the sake of reaching out to our hurting world.
|Laying on of hands at Pastor Flahn’s Commissioning||Pastor and Marie Flahn|
- Develop a strong 300-membership, multi-ethnic African immigrant congregation by 2012 AD in Laurel, Maryland.
- Envision and build a team of church planters so that New Hope Lutheran Church can give birth to a daughter congregation locally by 2012 AD.
- Identify and adopt an unreached group of people in Africa, and network with other churches for the purpose of promoting church planting among them.
- Procure a piece of property in Maryland to be used as vision center for the New Hope Lutheran Church.
SHORT-TERM MINISTRY PLANS
- Design After School Tutorial Classes for immigrant school children that will include basic computer knowledge.
- Build a Support team of forty partners that will give and pray consistently for New Hope Lutheran Church.
- Create a Senior Adult Fellowship of African Immigrants.
- Map out action plans for a growing population of children in our church.
- Establish a vibrant music ministry that will enhance our worship.
MINISTRIES & PROGRAMS
We invite you to meet with us as we together bring hearts of worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus. We believe the Lord has redeemed us through His blood that we might enter His courts with praise and thanksgiving. We are deeply inspired by the celebration of the Word and sacraments.
The study of God’s word each week reflects our desire to know Him that we may grow in His grace. Our Sunday School program, which we refer to as School of the Word, is being developed to meet the spiritual need of practically all age groups, preschool through adults.
HOME PRAYER MEETING:
Our prayer meeting is rotated from house to house, interceding with fasting for the spread of the Gospel, that darkness may give way to the light of God in our community. Our all-night Prayer Team meets monthly to pray for the various outreach ministries of our church, for preaching, and for global missions.
Our youth program seeks to be challenging to our young people, making the truth of God’s Word relevant for today’s generation of young people. It meets on the last Saturday of each month.
- Bible study
- camps, and other fun forms of fellowship that promotes love
for Jesus and the building of relationships.
Most Africans in the USA face problems of immigration, unemployment, distant families, travel loan debts, clothing, feeding, etc. Our ministry seeks to work with other Lutheran churches and organizations to identify solutions. There are clothing and food items donated each week by our friends and partners at Our Savior Lutheran Church and other Ministries to assist needy families of our congregation. The Capital Food Bank also provides fresh farm produce free of charge and other food items at an affordable cost for our church members.