O sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth! Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! (Psalm 96:1-3)
Nothing seems so adequate as music for praising God in all His glory. Countless references in Scripture attest to the power of music in our praise. Martin Luther wrote that “next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise.”
So the music ministry of Our Savior has many music groups whose goal it is to produce sounds of praise, to prepare ourselves to draw closer to God, and to lead others in worship. We are blessed with four vocal choirs, a handbell choir, and a praise team which rehearse weekly and participate in worship regularly. Brass and string ensembles rehearse periodically for special services and events.
Join us as we praise Him! Join us in making a joyful noise from the pew. Or come be a part of one of our choirs, praise team, or instrumental ensembles.
Details about each of the groups are provided below. For more information contact Marilyn Murchison, Director of Music Ministries.
- Cherub Choir (grades K-2): Wednesday, 5:00 – 5:45 pm
- Children’s Choir (grades 3-6): Wednesday, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- Youth Choir (grades 7-12): Wednesday, 5:00 – 5:45 pm
- Handbell Choir (adults): Thursday, 6:45 – 8:00 pm
- Praise Team: Tuesday, 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Sanctuary Choir (adults): Wednesday, 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Brass Ensemble
- String Ensemble
- Solos and Small Ensembles